EVENTS: September 9 - 20, 2017
Weather Impact on EVENTS SCHEDULED for Wednesday, September 13:
TENNIS SINGLES EVENT IS POSTPONED UNTIL WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, SAME PLACE AND TIME.
MINIATURE GOLF, FOOTBALL AND FRISBEE THROW, AND SOFTBALL HIT AND THROW WILL GO ON AS SCHEDULED TODAY.
Saturday, Sept. 9: Welcome & Track & Rowing Events; Patrons Exhibits
On-line Registration Opens: July 10, 2017
ONLINE: September 2 (11:30pm)!!
Mail: Postmarked by August 26
The Basic Registration fee for 2017 is $13. There is a $1 fee for each event. Bowling, cycling, golf and orienteering have additional fees (see details on General Information page).
Sponsored by the Northern Virginia Senior Olympic Committee and the following co-sponsored:
- Arlington County Dept. of Parks & Recreation
- City of Alexandria Dept. of Recreation Parks & Cultural Activities
- City of Fairfax Parks & Recreation Dept.
- City of Falls Church Department of Recreation & Parks
- Loudoun County Dept. of Parks & Recreation,
- Fairfax County Dept. of Neighborhood & Community Services,
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Fauquier County Parks & Recreation
- Prince William County Parks & Recreation.
The Northern Virginia Senior Olympics Program is held annually in September and open to all residents ages 50 years and older, living in a sponsoring jurisdiction. NVSO promotes Living Healthy Longer. While making the public aware of the capabilities existing in the senior population, we also promote awareness among the adults of the available recreation facilities in Northern Virginia.
Volunteers Needed: Northern Virginia Senior Olympics seeks volunteers, both athletes and nonparticipants, to support the games! If you are interested, please call RSVP Northern Virginia at (703) 403-5360 or email rsvpvolunteerfairfax.org.
To confirm Code Red Air quality or Weather Cancellation: Call (703) 228-3300, ex 9996
Greta Budweg/Susan French; Michael Coleman; Doug Hastings; Ian Liu; Peter McGuirk; Karl Mueller; Gregg Pane; Roger Webb; Mandy Whalen