Monday, September 23, check in at 7 a.m., shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. with lunch 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Rain date is Tuesday, October 1.
Need a partner? Try our Bulletin Board.
Registration has closed.
An additional fee of $70 was paid at registration. This fee covers greens fee, driving range, cart and lunch.
Michael McLaughlin (Questions? Contact him by email or 703-508-0331.)
Results and Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Photos of the 2019 Competition
See the gallery of golf photos taken by our volunteer photographers.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Men and women will compete in separate divisions in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69,70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). United States Golf Association rules will apply to all play unless shown otherwise. The Calloway Handicap System will be used. Players must provide their own clubs and balls.
- The play will be for 18 holes only.
- Winter rules will be in effect. The ball may be moved in the fairway only for the purpose of improving the ‘lie.’
- A ball which is declared lost, or a ball which is discovered out-of-bounds, shall be played from the nearest in-bounds spot, no nearer the hole, with a one-stroke penalty.
- On the putting surface, the player who is the farthest from the hole shall putt first until all balls are in the hole.
- A ball, which is declared unplayable or is unplayable in a water hazard, shall be played out two club lengths from the hazard no nearer the hole, with a one-stroke penalty.
- Player will be given one club length relief without penalty from a lie that is declared dangerous to the player or his clubs by his playing partner(s).
B) Handicap Rules have been dropped.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals will be awarded for the low gross score in each age group.