The Northern Virginia Senior Olympics (NVSO) was organized in 1982 to provide senior adults with an opportunity for competition and fellowship through various athletic and recreational events. Working with the local Northern Virginia parks and recreation departments and other agencies, these Olympics have been a continuing success. The minimum age for participation was 55 until 1988, when it was changed to 50 to coincide with the Virginia Senior Games and the National Senior Games.
You must be a resident of one of these sponsoring jurisdictions to participate:
- Arlington County Department of Parks & Recreation
- City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities
- City of Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department
- City of Falls Church Department of Recreation & Parks
- Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood & Community Services
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Fauquier County Parks & Recreation
- Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
- Prince William County Parks & Recreation
NVSO Executive Committee for 2020
Roger Webb, Chair
Carol Mackela, Vice Chair
Janet Garber, Secretary
Jack Hobbs, Treasurer
Maria Zlotnick, Assistant Treasurer
Betsy Bailey, Historian
Two Co-Coordinators to be determined.
Here are the current Northern Virginia Senior Olympics By-Laws, as approved June 11, 2019.