Living Healthy Longer: The Northern Virginia Senior Olympics (NVSO) promotes health, fitness and psychological well-being for senior adults by providing opportunities for participation, competition, self-improvement and fellowship through various athletic and recreational events.
The NVSO was organized in 1982 working with local Northern Virginia parks and recreation departments and other agencies. It has enjoyed continuing success for over 40 years.
You must be a resident of one of these jurisdictions to participate:
- Arlington County Department of Parks & Recreation
- City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities
- City of Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department
- City of Falls Church Department of Recreation & Parks
- Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood & Community Services
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Fauquier County Parks & Recreation
- Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
- Prince William County Parks & Recreation
NVSO Executive Committee for 2024
Riley Geary, Chair
Mike Coleman, Vice Chair
Mike Coleman, Treasurer
Maria Zlotnick, Assistant Treasurer
Carol Mackela, Secretary
Lydia Patrick, Librarian/Historian
Co-Coordinators: Tracy Browand and Taacha Brown-Drummond
Here are the current Northern Virginia Senior Olympics By-Laws, as approved June 11, 2019.
Please refer to the NVSO policies page for information concerning Americans with Disabilities Act, medals, cancellation of events, and refunds.