When – completed
Singles, doubles, and mixed doubles events were held on Saturday, September 28.
Results and Records
Photos of the 2019 Competition
See the gallery of badminton photos taken by our volunteer photographers.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition will be in Men’s singles, Women’s singles, Men’s doubles, Women’s doubles and Mixed doubles in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+) (Double elimination [4 participants or more] and/or round robin).
- The Event Host will provide natural-feathered shuttlecocks. Players provide their own badminton racquets.
- This event will be governed by the rules of USA Badminton Federation, except as modified herein.
- Format, age bracket distribution and schedules will be posted at nvso.us 48 hours before the tournament.
- Double elimination matches are best 2 out of 3, 21 point games with deuce rule applied at 20-20 up to 29. The player who scores point 29 wins the game.
- Round-robin matches are best 2 out of 3, 21 point games WITHOUT deuce. Winner is determined by most matches won. In case of a tie, most games wins, and if there is still a tie, most points wins.
- A double elimination is broken into two brackets, Winners and Losers. After the first round the winner stays in the bracket and losers go to the Losers Bracket. While both brackets continue the single-elimination process, the losers in the Winners Bracket only go to the Losers bracket, while the losers of the Losers Bracket are eliminated.
- This tournament adopts the “third-place challenge” variation of the double elimination format. The winner of the Losers Bracket gets a bronze medal. However, this player may challenge the loser of the finals in the Winners Bracket for a silver medal finish if, and only if, the two players have not played against each other previously in the tournament.
- The youngest team member determines the age group.
- A registrant may only participate with one team or pair in each event, and only in the proper age group.