Thursday, September 30 - completed
Results and Records
See the results of the NVSO 2021 bocce event.
See photographs of the NVSO 2021 bocce event.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition will be held with 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+) and male and female divisions (low registration may require playing with no age groups or gender divisions). The Event Host will provide the bocce balls.
- This is a single elimination tournament.
- Singles (one on one) competition will be held (unless the event director determines that pairs will be formed due to number registered and time constraints).
- All matches are single games to 7 points.
- United States Bocce Federation rules will be followed.
A) General Rules
- Winner of the coin toss chooses 4 balls of same color and throws the pallin (“jack”) past the center line but not touching the back wall at the opposite end.
- Singles are played with each person throwing 4 balls. Players alternate the use of each end of the court.
- Players may step on, but not have their foot completely over the foul line before releasing the pallino or the bocce ball.
- The bocce ball is rolled or tossed to try to get as close to the pallino as possible without hitting the backboard (dead ball removed).
- Once the point is established, the opposing player must shoot until they make a new (closer) point.
- Players may use side boards at any time.
- A player may hit the pallino or another player’s ball when throwing their ball.
- Once all the balls have been thrown, a point is awarded to the person with the ball closest to the pallino. (No points are awarded in the event of a tie).
- When the ball is touching the pallino and a dollar bill cannot come between them = 2 points.