Monday, September 20, 2021 - completed
Results and Records
See the results of the NVSO 2021 ten-pin bowling event.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Ten Pin Bowling Rules
Men and Women will compete in separate divisions in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). The Event Host will provide the bowling balls.
- Each contestant will bowl three games. Winners will be determined by total pin fall in the three games plus handicap.
- The handicap for each game will be 90 percent of the difference between bowler’s average and 200. In case of a tie for any medal spot, there will be a two-frame roll-off (9th and 10th).
- A bowler who arrives late to the event will be assigned 0 pins for every frame missed to that point.
B) Bowler’s Average To Determine Handicap Will Be Assigned As Follows:
- Highest Washington, DC Area Association book average for the prior season.
- If no book average exists, a verifiable average for the prior season in any unsanctioned league with a minimum of 21 games bowled may be used.
- If there is no book or verifiable league average, then use Bowl America’s prior season (minimum of 9 games) Senior’s monthly tournament average.
- If there is no average from the book, any league, or Bowl America, then an average of 150 will be assigned for men and 135 for women.