This event occurred on Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
Falls Church City Community Center
223 Little Falls Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
Questions about the Duplicate Bridge event? Email Tracy Browand.
Results and Records
Results of the NVSO 2022 duplicate bridge event.
Photographs of the NVSO 2022 duplicate bridge event.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Duplicate Bridge Rules
Competition will be in no age groups or gender divisions. The latest version of the Laws of Duplicate Contract Bridge by the American Contract Bridge League will apply. NVSO will supply the playing cards and scoring cards.
- Late arrivals will not be seated once the game is underway.
- Any partnership using a system other than the Standard American System or 2/1 (i.e. Precision, Schenken, ACOL), must advise opponents at the beginning of each round. Players must alert opponents during the auction as to the meaning of every specialized bid.
- Regardless of the system used, all ‘personal’ partnership understandings must be made known to opponents during the auction. All conventions (other than Blackwood, Stayman, Gerber and the Unusual No-Trump) must be alerted. Failure to alert, when required, could result in an adjusted score in favor of the non-offending side.
- Every player must have a convention card completed and made available for all opponents to see.
- During each round a maximum of seven minutes per board will be allowed. Habitual slow play by the same individuals could result in a penalty, at the discretion of the Bridge Director.
- Whenever there is an irregularity, the Bridge Director must be called. No player is allowed to make a ruling whenever an irregularity occurs.
- Whether the movement is Mitchell or Howell, the minimum and maximum number of boards played will be 24 and 28, respectively.
- When a hand is passed out during the first round, it cannot be re-dealt. After the first round, no hand can ever be re-dealt. It is the responsibility of the North player to keep score and to assure that the correct boards and opponents are at his/her table.
- In a Howell movement, medals will be awarded to the first, second and third place winning partnerships. In a Mitchell movement, medals will be awarded to first, second and third place winning partnerships for both N-S & E-W.
- All participants must be experienced and know the mechanics of Duplicate Bridge. The Director will provide no assistance or guidance.
- Anyone who does not have a partner is welcome to participate if the Event Director is able to pair him/her with another person who is alone, registered and present.