Wednesday, September 25, start time 1 p.m.
1500 Shenandoah Road
Alexandria, VA 22308
Registration has closed.
Taylor Dixon (email)
Results and Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Photos of the 2019 Competition
See the gallery of bunco photos taken by our volunteer photographers.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Bunco is played among partners with 4 people per table. There are no age groups or gender divisions. The Event Host will supply the equipment.
Table 1 is the controlling table. A bell is rung to begin play. Rolling for 1’s starts the game. Roll the dice, if a 1 appears, roll again and continue until no more 1’s appear. Mark down the number of 1’s you rolled on the score pad, and pass the dice to the person on your left.
B) Continued Play
- Continue to roll and pass the dice until one partnership at Table 1 reaches 21, and then ring the bell for all play to stop. The winning partners will remain at Table 1 and remain partners while the other partners will move on to Table 2 and change partners.
- If there are 3 tables, losers from Table 1 will move to Table 3 and change partners. Winners from Table 3 will move to Table 2 and change partners. Winners from Table 2 will move to Table 1 and remain partners.
- The bell is rung to begin play again and everyone is rolling for 2’s. Then 3’s, then 4’s, and so on.
- A BUNCO (valued at 6 points) is three of a kind of the number being rolled, for example, three 4’s when everyone is rolling for 4’s.
- A partnership gets credit for the 6 points, but only the roller is credited with the BUNCO.
- When rolling for a certain number and three of a different number are rolled, that is an “over” and the player rolls again.
D) Scoring Sheet
Listed are the names of the players, number of games won and number of BUNCO’s won. At the end of every game, the master score keeper marks the games and BUNCO’s won at each table. The bell will not be rung to begin play again until all of the scores have been recorded. If a tie results, the dice is rolled, the spots are added, and the highest number rolled wins.