Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 3:00pm.
- 1 meter
- 3 meter
- Synchro - New event!
Long Bridge Aquatic Center
333 Long Bridge Drive
Arlington, VA 22202
Contact John by email.
See our volunteers page for details.
Results and Records
- Diving 1 meter for NVSO 2022
- Diving 3 meter for NVSO 2022
- Synchro - no results or records as this is a new event for NVSO 2023
Photographs from the NVSO 2022 diving events taken by Henry Winokur, George Bradshaw, and George Addison.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Diving Rules (NEW in 2023 --SYNCHRONIZED DIVING)
There will be separate competitions on one and three-meter springboards for Men and Women in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). Synchronized competition will have no age groups or gender divisions, and dives may be done from one or three-meter boards.
A) The Dives
- The number of dives or skills required in each age group is as follows:
Ages 50-54 and 55-59: 6 dives or skills
Ages 60-64 and 65-69: 5 dives or skills
Ages 70-74 and up: 4 dives or skills
All ages synchro: 4 dives or skills
- The Degree of Difficulty for each dive will be taken from the FINA DDTable with skills being awarded 1.0. Forward dives or skills may be done with a running or standing take-off.
- The diver may choose any dives from any groups listed in the FINA Dive Handbook as well as from the following group of skills:
– 100 A, B, C (front jump straight, pike or tuck)
– 200 A, B, C (back jump straight, pike or tuck)
– 5301, 5102, 5303, 5104, 5201, 5203, 5205 A, B, C (jumps with degrees of twist)
– 001 ANY (front head first entry)
– 002 ANY (back head first entry)
- The diver may repeat a dive with the same dive number if it is performed in a different position (i.e., straight, pike, tuck or free position).
- Synchro teams shall consist of two divers of same or different genders. A diver may compete on only one team. The two teammates may perform either the same dive or different dives during their turn, so long as both team members dive simultaneously. Only one degree of difficulty shall be listed on the sheet for each paired dive to be performed by the team. When different dives are performed by the teammates, their DD shall be averaged (and rounded up .05 of a point when necessary). No dive/skill or paired dive/skill combination shall be repeated by a team during the contest unless the dive or skill is performed in a different position.
B) Meet Officials
- The Judging panel will consist of 5 judges and a referee. The referee may also be a judge if there are not 5 other judges available. For synchro, two judges will judge execution for only one diver each and three judges will judge only synchronization.
- There will be at least 4 table workers and 1 announcer.
- The venue for the meet should have minimum depth of 12 feet for 1 meter competitions and 14 feet for 3-meter competitions.
- The board(s) should be 16ft. Maxi B Duraflex boards with properly working adjustable fulcrums and safety rails. For synchro, there should be two side-by-side one-meter boards and two side-by-side three-meter boards.
- The Event Host will accommodate and provide a PA system, tables and chairs for a scoring table and chairs for the judges and referee.