These events occurred on Sunday, September 11, 2022.
- 1 meter
- 3 meter
Long Bridge Aquatic Center
333 Long Bridge Drive
Arlington, VA 22202
Results and Records
Photographs from the NVSO 2022 diving events taken by Henry Winokur, George Bradshaw, and George Addison.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Diving Rules (NEW -- 3-METER)
There will be separate competitions on one and three-meter springboards for Men and Women in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+).
A) The Dives
- The number of dives or skills required in each age group is as follows:
Ages 50-54 and 55-59: 6 dives or skills
Ages 60-64 and 65-69: 5 dives or skills
Ages 70-74 and up: 4 dives or skills
- The Degree of Difficulty for each dive will be taken from the FINA DDTable with skills being awarded 1.0. Forward dives or skills may be done with a running or standing take-off.
- The diver may choose any dives from any groups listed in the FINA Dive Handbook as well as from the following group of skills:
– 100 A, B, C (front jump straight, pike or tuck)
– 200 A, B, C (back jump straight, pike or tuck)
– 5301, 5102, 5303, 5104, 5201, 5203, 5205 A, B, C (jumps with degrees of twist)
– 001 ANY (front head first entry)
– 002 ANY (back head first entry)
- The diver may repeat a dive with the same dive number if it is performed in a different position (i.e., straight, pike, tuck or free position).
B) Meet Officials
- The Judging panel will consist of 5 judges and a referee. The referee may also be a judge if there are not 5 other judges available.
- There will be at least 4 table workers and 1 announcer.
- The venue for the meet should have minimum depth of 12 feet for 1 meter competitions and 14 feet for 3-meter competitions.
- The board(s) should be 16ft. Maxi B Duraflex boards with properly working adjustable fulcrums and safety rails.
- The Event Host will accommodate and provide a PA system, tables and chairs for a scoring table and chairs for the judges and referee.