Wednesday, September 18, start time 11 a.m.
Rain date: September 25, start time 11 a.m.
Wakefield District Park
8100 Braddock Road
Annandale, Virginia 22003
Registration opens June 17, 2019.
Registration closes August 24 (mail-in) or August 31 (online).
Chuck Kleymeyer (email) | Text: 703-300-1789
Results and Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Frisbee Throw Rules
Competition will be in Men’s and Women’s divisions and 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). The best of three (3) throws will be judged on distance and accuracy. NVSO officials will determine the order of throws. NVSO will supply the Frisbee discs.
A) General Rules
- Each participant will be allowed practice throws, if time permits, prior to starting.
- Each participant gets three competition throws at a straight line laid out in the throwing area for measuring distance and accuracy. A competitor may skip attempts and the best attempt will count.
- The throwing area will be marked by foul lines, similar to softball throw, except they will form an angle of 60 degrees instead of 90 degrees.
- Thrower must release disc from behind the approach line or it will be considered a foul.
- The longest adjusted throw will be measured by the total distance thrown, minus the distance the Frisbee lands from the accuracy line, measured in feet and inches.
- Winners will be determined by the longest adjusted throw. In case of a tie, the second longest throws will be compared. A tie will be broken with one additional throw.