This event occurred on Tuesday, September 20, 2022.
Adriana Carr and Danita Moses
Thanks to all our volunteers!
Results & Records
Results of the NVSO 2022 line dancing event.
Photographs from the NVSO 2022 line dancing event taken by George Addison.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Line Dancing Rules
Competition will have no age groups. Teams may include men and women. There must be a minimum of five (5) teams registered for the event to proceed.
- Teams must have a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of eight (8) dancers per team. A participant may dance on only one team.
- Dance routine may be original choreography or a known standard.
- Performance shall have a minimum length of two (2) minutes and a maximum of three (3) minutes. Any music to enter or exit the dance floor must be included in the three-minute limit. A time keeper will time each performance and a penalty will be assessed for any team exceeding the three-minute limit.
- Music must be provided by each team to the DJ on a CD with group name and performance song written on it.
- Lyrics in music must be clean and considered “family friendly.”
- Uniformity in attire is required. Feet must be clearly visible.
Officials and Judging
- There shall be five (5) judges, a chair judge who will tabulate scores, and a timekeeper.
- Judging will be by points awarded in the following areas:
a) Overall execution of dance
b) Overall style, including coordination of hand moves and use of attire or props
c) Uniformity of attire
e) Complexity of dance steps
- Gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to teams based on the highest total points.
- In the event of a tie for any medal, the team with the highest score in “overall execution of dance” will be determined the winner of that medal. If there is still a tie, the highest score in “overall style” will break the tie.