When - Completed
was held Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 10:00am.
9229 Arlington Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22031
Contact Donna by email.
See our volunteers page for details.
Results and Records
Photographs of the NVSO 2023 Mah Jongg Event.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Mah Jongg Rules
Competition will be in no age groups or gender divisions. The National Mah Jongg League, Inc. rules will be used. Each player must bring his/her own 2023 Mah Jongg card. The NVSO will provide the Mah Jongg tiles and tables.
- Three rounds will be played consisting of four games each.
- Four players will be assigned to each table.
- The person designated as the “East” participant will be the scorekeeper for the table and will NOT switch tables after each round.
- The scorekeeper will fill out the score sheet for each round and the score sheet will be collected for tabulation at the Head Scorekeeper’s table.
- The Head Score Keeper will announce when the round is over and when players should change tables.
- After each round new players will come to the table.
B) Completing The Score Sheets
- Enter the table number and round number.
- The score keeper enters the players’ name under the East column.
- Enter other players’ names under South, North and West.
- At the conclusion of each game of the round, enter the score for each player.
- At the conclusion of the round, determine the total of all games for each player and have the players enter their initials indicating that the score is accurate.
- The winner of the game receives the point value shown on the card, i.e. 25, 30, etc.
- If the winner selected his/her own winning tile, the point value is doubled.
- If the game is won without jokers, the point value is doubled.
- If the winner selected his/her own winning tile and the game is won without jokers, the point value is quadrupled.
- If the game ends with no one winning (a wall game), everyone at the table gets 10 points.
- If time is up before the last game is completed, everyone at the table gets 5 points.