Saturday, September 21 (mixed doubles, doubles, singles) (50 to 59) at 10 a.m. at Manassas Park Community Center;
Monday, September 23 (mixed doubles) (60+) at 9 a.m. at TJ Community Center;
Tuesday, September 24 (doubles, men) (60+) at 9 a.m. at TJ Community Center;
Wednesday, September 25 (doubles, women) at 9 a.m. at TJ Community Center;
Thursday, September 26 (singles, men and women) (60+) at 9 a.m. at TJ Community Center
Need a partner? Try our Bulletin Board.
Where: Two locations
Saturday, September 21 events for ages 50-59
Manassas Park Community Center
99 Adams Street
Manassas Park, VA 20111
September 23, September 24, September 25, and September 26 events for ages 60+
Thomas Jefferson Community & Fitness Center
3501 2nd Street S
Arlington, VA 22204
Registration opens June 17, 2019.
Registration closes August 24 (mail-in) or August 31 (online).
Results and Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Events will be held in men’s and women’s singles and doubles, and mixed doubles in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+). 5-year age groups may be used depending on the number of competitors. In all doubles play, partners covering two age groups will play in the age group of the younger partner. USA Pickleball Association Rules will be used unless noted otherwise. Players bring their own paddles. NVSO provides balls.
- Format, age bracket distribution and schedules will be posted on this page 48 hours before the tournament.
- A five-minute warm up period will be allowed before all matches.
- The serve must be made with an underhand stroke so that contact with the ball is made below waist level. The arm must be moving in an upward arc and the paddle head must be below the wrist when it strikes the ball.
- Points will be scored only when served. A player/team continues serving until there is a fault.
- Faults consist of the following: a) Hitting the ball out of bounds. A ball landing on any line is considered in bounds and playable. b) Player hitting the net. c) Volleying the ball before it has bounced on each side of the net (the double bounce rule). d) Not clearing the net, e.g. Volleying – hitting without a bounce while a foot is in the “non-volley” zone. e) Volleying – hitting without a bounce while a foot is in the “non-volley” zone.
- For a serve to be good, it must be served diagonally to the receiver, while clearing the 7-foot non volley zone. If the ball contacts the net on a serve and still lands beyond the 7-foot non-volley cross-court, it is called a “let” and the serve is played over.
- Double bounce rule is in effect for singles and doubles play.
- There will be a single elimination tournament for each of the three groups: Mixed Doubles, Men’s Doubles and Women’s Doubles, Men’s Singles and Women’s Singles.
- To win a match you must win 2 out of 3 games.
- All games (except for Bronze Medal) are played to 11 points. You must win by 2 points.
- The Bronze Medal game will be one game played to 15 points.
- The youngest team member determines the age group.
- A registrant may only participate with one team or pair in each event, and only in the proper age group.