When – completed
The women’s event was held Monday, September 16.
The men’s event was held Tuesday, September 17.
Results & Records
See the results of the NVSO 2019 pool eight ball event.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Participants in men’s and women’s divisions will compete in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+). This is a single elimination tournament. Current Billiard Congress of America (BCA) Rules apply except as modified below. Players may bring their own pool cue. The Event Host supplies the pool tables and balls.
A) General Rules for both Men & Women
- A random drawing may be held to determine opponents before the event is started.
- Each match will consist of the best two out of three games.
- There will be one loser’s bracket from the semifinal to determine third place.
- The opening shot will be determined by a lag, unless both participants agree on a coin toss. The person to break will rack his or her own balls. Then after the opening break, the break will alternate.
B) Women’s Division
- Shooter does not have to call pockets or combinations, except when shooting at the eight ball. However, a clean shot must be made; i.e., the eight ball can not touch another ball before dropping into the designated pocket.
Additionally, a break shot will be considered legal when at least two balls are driven to the rail.