Monday, September 16 at 11 a.m. (women)
Tuesday, September 17 at 10 a.m. (men)
Lincolnia Senior Center
4710 N Chambliss Street
Alexandria, VA 22312
Registration opens June 17, 2019.
Registration closes August 24 (mail-in) or August 31 (online).
Rip Westray (email)
Results & Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Participants in men’s and women’s divisions will compete in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+). This is a single elimination tournament. Current Billiard Congress of America (BCA) Rules apply except as modified below. Players may bring their own pool cue. The Event Host supplies the pool tables and balls.
A) General Rules for both Men & Women
- A random drawing may be held to determine opponents before the event is started.
- Each match will consist of the best two out of three games.
- There will be one loser’s bracket from the semifinal to determine third place.
- The opening shot will be determined by a lag, unless both participants agree on a coin toss. The person to break will rack his or her own balls. Then after the opening break, the break will alternate.
B) Women’s Division
- Shooter does not have to call pockets or combinations, except when shooting at the eight ball. However, a clean shot must be made; i.e., the eight ball can not touch another ball before dropping into the designated pocket.
Additionally, a break shot will be considered legal when at least two balls are driven to the rail.