Monday, September 16 at 1:00 p.m. (women)
Thursday, September 19 at 10:00 a.m. (men)
Lincolnia Senior Center
4710 N Chambliss Street
Alexandria, VA 22312
Registration opens June 17, 2019.
Registration closes August 24 (mail-in) or August 31 (online).
Rip Westray (email)
Results & Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition is open for men and women in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+). This is a single elimination tournament. Current Billiard Congress of America (BCA) Rules apply except as modified below. The Event Host supplies the pool tables and balls. Players may use their own pool cue.
- A random drawing may be held to determine opponents before the event is started.
- Each match will consist of the best three out of five games.
- There will be one loser’s bracket from the semifinal to determine third place.
- The opening shot will be determined by a lag, unless both players agree on a coin toss. The person to break will rack his/her own ballls. Then after the opening break, the break will alternate.
- The player who wins the most matches against all the other players in the designated age group wins the gold medal, the runner up wins the silver medal and the third place winner is awarded the bronze medal.
B) Playing Rules
- The goal is to legally pocket the 9 ball, thereby winning the set.
- The balls are played in ascending numerical order, although balls do not need to be pocketed in numerical order.
- If the lowest ball is hit by the cue ball, and any other numbered ball goes into any pocket, the shooter gets to continue to shoot.
- Whoever makes the 9 ball on a legal shot, at any point of the game, wins the set.
- Players do not have to identify the pockets into which they are shooting.