Monday, September 12, 2022
Women at 1 p.m.
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Men at 10 a.m.
Note: A public Seeding for men's 8- & 9-Ball will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 9, 2022, at Lincolnia Senior Center. All billiards participants are welcome.
Lincolnia Senior Center
4710 N Chambliss Street
Alexandria, VA 22312
Questions about the 9-ball pool event? Email Rip Westry.
Results & Records
See the results of the NVSO 2021 pool 9-ball event.
See photographs from the NVSO 2021 pool 9-ball event.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition is open for men and women in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+). This is a single elimination tournament. Current Billiard Congress of America (BCA) Rules apply except as modified below. The Event Host supplies the pool tables and balls. Players may use their own pool cue.
- A random drawing may be held to determine opponents before the event is started.
- Each match will consist of the best three out of five games.
- There will be one loser’s bracket from the semifinal to determine third place.
- The opening shot will be determined by a lag, unless both players agree on a coin toss. The person to break will rack his/her own ballls. Then after the opening break, the break will alternate.
- The player who wins the most matches against all the other players in the designated age group wins the gold medal, the runner up wins the silver medal and the third place winner is awarded the bronze medal.
B) Playing Rules
- The goal is to legally pocket the 9 ball, thereby winning the set.
- The balls are played in ascending numerical order, although balls do not need to be pocketed in numerical order.
- If the lowest ball is hit by the cue ball, and any other numbered ball goes into any pocket, the shooter gets to continue to shoot.
- Whoever makes the 9 ball on a legal shot, at any point of the game, wins the set.
- Players do not have to identify the pockets into which they are shooting.