This event occurred on Monday, September 19, 2022.
Audrey Moore RECenter
8100 Braddock Road
Annandale, VA 22003
Results and Records
Results of the NVSO 2022 racquetball event.
Photographs from the NVSO 2022 racquetball event taken by Dan Feighery.
Competition will be in Men’s and Women’s divisions in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+). Lensed eyewear designed for racket sports is mandatory. Athletes must provide their own rackets. NVSO will provide the balls.
A) General Rules
All matches will be governed by the USA Racquetball Association rules (www.usra.org).
1) Only the server can score points.
2) Server scores one point for winning a rally.
3) The receiver gets a ‘side out’ for winning a rally and serves the net rally.
4) First person to score 15 points wins the game. No need to win by two points.
5) A match is best 2 out of 3 games. Third game, if necessary is played to 11.
6) The consolidation match will be one game to 15 points.
1) The server must begin the service motion in the service zone.
2) The server drops the ball, allows it to bounce on the ground once, and hits it towards the front wall.
3) The serve must hit the front wall, may hit one sidewall, and must land on the ground between the service zone and the back wall.
a) Any of the following will result in a ‘double fault’ or loss of serve:
- The server swings and misses the ball.
- The served ball does not hit the front wall first.
- The served ball hits the server on the way back.
- Two consecutive single faults.
b) Any of the following will result in a ‘single fault’:
- The served ball hits the front wall and then the ceiling.
- The served ball hits the front wall and then the back wall before the ground –
- long serve.
4) The served ball hits the front wall and then the ground before passing the service zone – short serve.
5) The served ball hits the front wall and then two sidewalls before the ground – 3-wall serve.
6) The served ball passes so close to the server that the receiver could not see it on the way back – screen serve.
1) Players alternate hits. The player who is hitting the ball must hit the ball before it bounces twice on the ground. The ball may hit any wall and/or the ceiling, as long as the ball reaches the front wall before hitting the ground.
2) If a player hits the other player with the ball, the rally is replayed.
3) If a player touches the ball while it is the other player’s turn, the “toucher” loses the rally.