Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Thomas Jefferson Community Center
3501 S 2nd Street
Arlington, VA 22204
Contact directly by email.
Results and Records
See the results of the NVSO 2021 rowing event.
See photographs from the NVSO 2021 rowing event.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Rowing - Ergonomic Rules
Men and women compete separately in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). The event will be governed by the rules outlined in the following. Concept3/Model-PM3 or PM4 rowing machines will be supplied by the Event Host.
- The object is to “cover” 2000 meters in the shortest time.
- This is an individual time trial. There will be several rowing machines, however, there will be no head to head competition with another competitor.
- In each age group competitors with the three best times will earn gold, silver and bronze medals, respectively.
- Competitors can start at any time after they have notified the Event Director and a rowing machine becomes available.
- The Event Director will assign a rowing machine and notify competitors when they may start.
- There will be a judge at every rowing machine to assist the competitors and to supervise the time keeping.
B) Setting up the Rowing Machine
- Participants set up the rowing machine and the screen display as follows:
- a) Set the footrests and the foot straps for comfort. b) Set the resistance (or machine drag) from 1 = lowest resistance to 10 = highest resistance. The resistance cannot be changed once the competitor has started to row. (The resistance setting will not have an impact on the timing) c) Press MENU button. d) Press SELECT WORKOUT button. e) Press STANDARD LIST. f) Press 2000 m
- The screen should display the following:
- First line: 2000 m. This number will count down as the competitor rows.
- Second line: Shows average time to row 500 m. This will vary as time goes on.
- Third line: Shows the ELAPSED TIME once rowing has started.
- Fourth line: Shows the number of strokes per minute. This will vary as time goes on. If this is not displayed press the “Change Units” button to change the display to what is described above.
- The clock will stop when the 2000 m mark has been reached. The display showing the elapsed time will remain for only about one minute before it resets to zero.
- Upon reaching 2000 meters the judge will record on the score sheet the elapsed time and the time to row 500 meters, and submit the results to the event director.
- The judge will reset the screen for the next competitor.