Monday, September 11, 2023 at 10:00am
Falls Church City Community Center
223 Little Falls Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
Contact Barbara by email.
See our volunteers page for details.
Results of the NVSO 2022 Scrabble event.
Photos of the 2022 Competition
Photographs of the NVSO 2022 scrabble event taken by Tom Urman.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
There will be no age groups or gender divisions. The Event Host will supply the equipment.
- Official rules are found inside the cover of the Scrabble box.
- Clocks will be used to enforce the time limit of 50 minutes per game.
- The games will be played by two players per board.
- Three games will be played. Third game, final round, is King of the Hill.
- Winners determined by win-loss ratio. Ties are broken by cumulative point spread.
- The dictionary used to determine which words are permitted is the Scrabble Players Dictionary, Seventh Edition.
Note: “All words labeled as a part of speech (including those listed of foreign origin, and as archaic, obsolete, colloquial, slang, etc.) are permitted with the exception of the following: words always capitalized, abbreviations, prefixes and suffixes standing alone, words requiring a hyphen or an apostrophe.”