Saturday, September 25, 2021 - completed Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles
Results and Records
See the results of these NVSO 2021 table tennis events.
See photographs of the NVSO 2021 table tennis events.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Table Tennis Rules - NEW DOUBLES
Competition will be in Men’s and Women’s Divisions singles, doubles and mixed doubles in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+). Games will be played in accordance with United States Table Tennis Association Rules. This is a Round Robin tournament. Players supply their own paddles, not backed with sandpaper. NVSO supplies regulation tables, nets, and balls.
- Best 2 out of 3 games wins.
- After a total of 2 points have been played, the receiver becomes the server, and the server the receiver, and so on until the end of the game or the score 10-all. At the score 10-all, the receiver becomes the server, and the server the receiver, and so on after each point until the end of the game.
- First server is determined by coin flip. Two-minute warm-up and breaks between games.
- Either player may stop play if a ball or player from another table interferes, hinders, or distracts play. The point will be re-played.
- White shirts or jackets are not permitted for competition, per USA Table Tennis Association Rules.
B) Singles and Doubles
- A game is won by the player or players who first win 11 points, unless both players or doubles teams have scored 10 points. Then the winner of the game is the one who first wins 2 points more than he opponent.
- The server releasing the ball from an open hand only, without imparting spin, delivers the serve.
- The ball is then struck so that it touches first the server’s court, passes directly over the net, and touches the receiver’s court.
- At the moment of the impact of the paddle on the ball in service, both players must be behind the end line of their respective courts.
D) Let Service
- The ball is served again without loss or gain of point if the ball served, in passing over the net, touches it or its supports, provided the service is otherwise good.
E) Loss of Points
- Either player loses a point: a) If the player’s free hand touches the playing surface while the ball is in play; b) If the player, his/her paddle, or anything that he/she wears or carries, touches the net or its support while the ball is in play; c) If the player, his/her paddle, or anything that he/she wears or carries, moves the playing surface while the ball is in place.