Monday, September 16, start time: 10 a.m. – Singles (50 – 69)
Rain date is Monday, September 23, start time: 10 a.m.
Tuesday, September 17, start time: 10 a.m. – Singles (70+)
Rain date is Tuesday, September 24, start time: 10 a.m.
Thursday, September 19, start time: 10 a.m. – Doubles (50+)
Rain date is Thursday, September 26, start time: 10 a.m.
Friday, September 20, start time: 10 a.m. – Singles (70+ finals)
Rain date is Friday, September 27, start time: 10 a.m.
Need a partner? Try our Bulletin Board.
Wakefield District Park
8100 Braddock Road
Annandale, Virginia 22003
Registration opens June 17, 2019.
Registration closes August 24 (mail-in) or August 31 (online).
Marvin Elliott (email)
Results and Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition will be in men’s and women’s singles, and men’s and women’s doubles, in 10-year age groups (50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+). 5-year age groups may apply depending on the number of competitors. All games are played in accordance with United States Tennis Association rules. This is a single elimination tournament. Each player must supply a can of new balls for each event entered and supply his/her own racquet.
A) General Rules
- In men’s and women’s doubles, partners covering two age groups will play in the age group of the younger partner.
- If you plan to participate in more than one tennis event, you must be prepared to play more than one match per day.
- Each player is required to bring one new, unopened can of balls for each event. Winner keeps new balls and loser keeps used balls.
- Players must furnish their own rackets.
- Warm up time is limited to 10 minutes, if time permits.
- At the end of the first and every odd-numbered game, the players switch ends of the court.
- No breaks are allowed during a game. An emergency break between games may be granted by the Event Director. It may last no more than 10 minutes, or the game may be forfeited.
- The youngest team member determines the age group.
- A registrant may only participate with one team or pair in each event, and only in the proper age group.
- Pro-set scoring will be used.
- All games will be no-add games. The player with four points wins the game. If the score becomes 3-3, i.e., 40-40, the receiver may select deuce or add court for play of the final point.
- The first player to win eight games will win. (You do not have to win by 2 games.) When the score is tied at 7 all, a seven-point tiebreaker will decide the winner, with the first player scoring seven points, with a margin of 2 points, winning the match.
- The original order of serving will continue as if there were no tie match and there will be no ball changes.
- Regular scoring will be used but this could be changed to NO-AD in the case of any factors that may prevent the completion of the schedule.