Sunday, September 15
10K, start time 8 a.m. (sign-in 7:30 a.m.)
20K, start time 9 a.m. (sign-in 8:30 a.m.)
There will be an additional fee of $5 at registration.
Vint Hill Village Green Community Center
4235 Aiken Drive
Warrenton, VA 20187
Registration opens June 17, 2019.
Registration closes August 24 (mail-in) or August 31 (online).
Melissa Nester (email)
Results and Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition is open to Men and Women in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). This event will be governed by the rules of USA Cycling except as modified herein.
A) The Races
- 10K Individual Time Trial
- 20K Individual Time Trial
- Participants will be required to furnish their own multi-gear (free wheel) bikes. Front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear bicycles are not permitted. Recumbent bikes that meet USA Cycling rules are permitted.
- All riders must provide and wear protective helmets (Ansi or Snell) with approved sticker affixed.
- All handle bars must be securely capped.
- There may be no protective shield, faring or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to the frame, wheels, handlebars, chain wheel, or accessories) that has the effect of reducing wind resistance.
- For security reasons the use of earphones/buds is prohibited.
C) General Rules
- Participants may use holders for the start if desired. No push of any kind from the holder is permitted.
- A rider must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- A rider overtaking another rider must pass in a safe manner and not impede the progress of the rider being passed. At least a 2-bicycle length distance should be maintained when “cutting in.”
- Drafting will not be allowed during time trial events and may result in disqualification.
- The number of participants in categories and/or the event will determine the starting procedure for the race. The Event Director reserves the right, when necessary, to reorganize the competition.
- The races will be held by divisions (women and men) with each age category starting with one-minute intervals, beginning with the youngest age group.
- The start sheet with starting order and appointed starting times should be available for riders’ perusal at least one hour before the start.
- Each rider shall report to the starter at least three minutes before his or her scheduled starting time. If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only if it does not interfere with the riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed time shall be used in computing the results.
E) Declaring Winners
Winners will be declared according to best times in each age group.