When - completed
was held on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Note: Start times approximate with the next event following immediately.
- 1600 meter run at 10:00am
- 800 meter walk - women - at 11:00am
- 200 meter run at 11:30am
- 1600 meter walk - men - at noon
- 400 meter run at 1:00pm
- 800 meter walk - men- at 1:30pm
- 800 meter run at 2:00pm
- 1600 meter walk - women - at 2:30pm
- 60 meter dash at 3:30pm
Thomas Jefferson Community Center
3501 S 2nd Street
Arlington, VA 22204
Contact Jennifer by email.
See our volunteers page for details.
Results and Records
- 1600 meter run
- 800 meter walk updated!
- 60 meter dash
- 200 meter run
- 400 meter run
- 1600 meter walk updated!
- 800 meter run
Photographs of the NVSO 2023 track events taken by Ed Marion, Dan Feighery, Christine Brooks and John Olsen.
Rules for All Track Events
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition will be in separate divisions for Men and Women in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). No spikes allowed.
I) Track Events
- Participants must be ready to compete in all track events at times scheduled. Late participants may be disqualified.
- Track events will be timed and recorded. The line judge’s decision is final.
- No spikes are allowed in any track event held indoors.
- Within each age group and gender division, the person with the best recorded time is declared the winner.
- False Starts
- False starts will be called in the 60m, 200m and 400m runs.
- A false start is called on a competitor if he/she moves her body before the starting gun has sounded.
- If a competitor false starts a second time, he/she will be disqualified.
a) Running Events: 60 meters, 200 meters, 400 meters, 800 meters, 1600 meters, (staggered starts on all but 60 meters); 5K trail race.
5K trail race (outdoors): Men and women in all age groups will start at the same time. The course is on the W&OD Trail in Bluemont Park in Arlington. Runners do not share the competition course with bicycle or automobile traffic.
b) Walking Events: 800 meters, 1600 meters
- In all events walkers must walk, not jog or run. The heel must touch the ground first.
- Walkers must maintain unbroken contact with the ground. Thus the rear foot must not leave the ground until the advancing foot has made contact. Judges will be spaced around the track to enforce this rule.
- Walkers will be given one caution before being disqualified. A disqualified racer must leave the track immediately.
- Walkers that need assistance because of limited eye sight may be accompanied by a trained personal guide during the race. However, the walker and the guide may not touch each other at any time during the race and the guide’s presence must not interfere with other walkers except in case of an emergency. Walkers may use ‘walkers’ as long as they do not interfere with other competitors.