Saturday, September 14
3 Mile walk: start time 8 a.m.
1600m run: start time 9:30 a.m.
800m walk: start time 10:30 a.m.
60m dash: start time 11 a.m.
200m run: start time 11:30 a.m.
400m walk: start time 12:30 p.m.
400m run: start time 1:00 p.m.
1600m walk: start time 1:30 p.m.
800m run: start time 2 p.m.
Thomas Jefferson Community Center
3501 Second St. South
Arlington, VA 22204
Registration opens June 17, 2019.
Registration closes August 24 (mail-in) or August 31 (online).
Roger Webb (email)
Results and Records
See Results and Records for NVSO 2002 to 2018
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition will be in separate divisions for Men and Women in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+).
I) Track Events
- Participants must be ready to compete in all track events at times scheduled. Late participants may be disqualified.
- Track events will be timed and recorded. The line judge’s decision is final.
- No spikes are allowed in any track event held indoors.
- Within each age group and gender division, the person with the best recorded time is declared the winner.
- False Starts
- False starts will be called in the 60m, 200m and 400m runs.
- A false start is called on a competitor if he/she moves her body before the starting gun has sounded.
- If a competitor false starts a second time, he/she will be disqualified.
a) Running Events
- 60 Meter Dash Indoors: Finish line in front of grandstand.
- 200 Meter Dash Indoors: Competitors will run 1 lap with staggered starts.
- 400 Meter run Indoors: Competitors will run 2 laps with staggered starts.
- 800 Meter Run Indoors: Competitors will run 4 laps.
- 1600 Meter Run Indoors: Competitors will run 8 laps.
- 5K Run Road Race Outdoors: Men and women in all age groups will start at the same time.
b) Walking Events
- In all events walkers must walk, not jog or run. The heel must touch the ground first.
- Walkers must maintain unbroken contact with the ground. Thus the rear foot must not leave the ground until the advancing foot has made contact. Judges will be spaced around the track to enforce this rule.
- Walkers will be given one caution before being disqualified. A disqualified racer must leave the track immediately.
- Walkers that need assistance because of limited eye sight may be accompanied by a trained personal guide during the race. However, the walker and the guide may not touch each other at any time during the race and the guide’s presence must not interfere with other walkers except in case of an emergency. Walkers may use ‘walkers’ as long as they do not interfere with other competitors.
- Walking Events offered are as follows:
- 400 Meter Walk Indoors:
Participants will walk two times around the track (2 laps)
- 800 Meter Walk Indoors:
Participants will walk four times around the track (4 laps)
- 1600 Meter Walk Indoors:
Participants will walk eight times around the track (8 laps)
- 3 Mile Walk Indoors: (Nominal distance)
Participants will walk twenty-four times around the track (24 laps).