Friday, September 24, 2021
Warm-up at 8:30am.
Start times approximate with the next event following immediately.
100 yd Breast stroke at 9:00am
50 yd Freestyle at 9:30am
100 yd Back stroke at 10:00am
50 yd Breast stroke at 10:30am
100 yd Freestyle at 11:00am
50 yd Back stroke at 11:30am
1/2 Mile at 12:00pm
Dulles South Recreation and Community Center
24950 Riding Center Drive
South Riding, VA 20152
Melissa Nester | email
Results and Records
Photos of the 2019 Competition
See the gallery of swimming photos taken by our volunteer photographers.
Please go here for rules covering all events.
Competition will be in Men’s and Women’s Divisions in 5-year age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+). USMS Masters Rules apply with exceptions.
- Events will consist of the 50 yard and 100 yard freestyle, 50 yard and 100 yard backstroke, 50 yard and 100 yard breaststroke, and a nominal ½ mile or 900 yards (any style).
- All 50 yard competitions are twice the length of the pool. Swimmers will start in the water with at least one hand on the side of the pool.
- The 900 yard (nominal ½ mile) competition is 36 times the length of the pool. Swimmers will start in the water with at least one hand on the side of the pool. Any stroke or combination of strokes are permitted.
- All 100 yard competitions are four times the length of the pool. Swimmers may start from the starting blocks, from the edge of the pool, or in the water with at least on hand on the side of the pool.
- The kicks allowed are the frog, whip, scissors, or breaststroke.
- Best times will be recorded. In case of a tie, duplicate medals will be awarded and medals for subsequent lowest times will be downgraded.
- Women and Men will swim separately if warranted by entry levels, but may be combined.
- ½ mile competitors may be assigned 2 swimmers per lane depending on the number of entrants.
- Two hands must hold the side of the pool for the start. Backstrokes must swim face-up with alternate or simultaneous arm strokes (swimmer’s choice).
- In the freestyle, 1⁄2 mile, and backstroke, at least a one-hand touch finish is required. Turns for these events shall be a wall touch with any part of the body.
D) Breast Stroke
- A ‘two-hands’ touch at turns and the finish is required. Breaststroke competitors must do an arm stroke that is an in-water recovery.
- No swimmer may use equipment which gives him/her an unfair advantage such as swim fins, flotation devices, breathing apparatus such as a snorkel, or similar devices.